Celeste is a lightweight Jekyll theme that features a minimalist, content-first design. It places your content center stage and lets your readers view them in a clutter-free environment without visual distractions. It is based on Poole, the Jekyll butler, by @mdo.
Built on Poole
Poole is the Jekyll Butler, serving as an upstanding and effective foundation for Jekyll themes by @mdo. Poole, and all its derivatives (like Celeste) includes the following:
- Complete Jekyll setup included (layouts, config, 404, RSS feed, posts, and a sample page)
- Mobile friendly design and development
- Easily scalable text and component sizing with
remunits in the CSS
- Support for a wide gamut of HTML elements
- Syntax highlighting, courtesy of rouge
In addition to the features of Poole, Celeste adds the following:
- A design and structure with customizability in mind
- A clean, unobstrusive top navigation bar
- A landing page template for showcasing the most important content on your website
- Optimized for compatibility with most reading tools such as Pocket, Instapaper and Feedly.
- Subtle animations on UI elements that give visual feedback when interacting with the page
- Over 500 scalable vector icons, courtesy of Font Awesome
Check out the README for more details.
Celeste is by preference a forward-thinking project. It is best viewed on the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Celeste is developed on and hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads, bug reports, and features requests.